Online Roulette in New Zealand
You might be a hardcore poker fan or an avid slot player. You might think roulette is a land-based casino game because it's all about anticipation that builds up while you're watching the ball jump and land in a wheel pocket. So, you might have two questions about the popularity of online roulette: why play it, and how to play it to win real money? Bob Casino is here to answer both of them.
What is Roulette?
Roulette is a classic casino game where a ball is thrown onto a wheel to land in one of the wheel pockets that has a number. Before it happens, though, players place their bets on one or several numbers. If the ball lands on the right number, the bet wins and the player gets their money.
If the ball lands somewhere else, the bet is lost. An average online roulette round lasts around 2 minutes and that includes placing the bets. That means you can win or lose multiple times per hour. That's what many people like so much – they feel the rush in their veins as they watch the ball landing on a number.
The Roulette Wheel
Players from New Zealand can play roulette for real money anywhere and anytime at Bob Casino. On this website, you can find all possible roulette variants where you can place micro bets or play big – the choice is yours. Now, let us guide you through the best online roulette versions:
1. French. This roulette is easily recognizable by its unique wheel layout as the number grids horizontally across the table. It also has somewhat unique rules.
2. American roulette. This roulette wheel has 38 pockets with numbers 1 to 36, 0, and 00. It also has the highest house edge of all classic roulette games.
3. European roulette. This game has numbers from 1 to 36 and 0.
4. Multi-wheel. You can bet on anywhere from 6 to 8 wheels at the same time to speed up the process and increase your winning chances.
5. Double ball. Here, you throw two balls onto the roulette wheel.
The Roulette Table
The main action happens on the wheel, but the table is also important. It has the betting layout that's situated either at one end of the table or to the left and right sides of the wheel. Traditionally, the layout is printed on green baize and many online casino games follow the trend.
The main portion of the real money roulette table is taken by numbers 1 to 36, alternatively colored red and black, and arranged in three columns. Right below the numbers are three blank spaces.
The game starts when a croupier or a computer program asks players to make their bets, which they do by using the game interface. You can bet on any number, group, or classification you think will win.
How to Play Roulette Online for Real Money?
Roulette is a game of luck, so all you have to do is to place your bet and wait for the outcome. However, there are many bet types you can place, for example:
- Outside bets are made on the perimeter of the table.
- Inside bets include bets made from the inside the betting layout.
- Final bet is a bet made on a single-zero roulette wheel.
- Full bet takes all the inside bets and places them on a specific number. High rollers usually use this strategy hoping for massive payouts.
- Imprisonment bet is only available in French roulette. Here, you can bet on anything other than a zero and if a ball lands on a zero, you get half of your bet back.
Online Roulette Betting Guide for Beginners
Now when you know the game layout comes the best part – how to actually play online roulette for real money. This game has lots of betting options and lets you place multiple wagers at once. This way, you bet more money to increase your chances of winning.
Red vs. Black
With this bet, you place your bets on the either black or red section of the table. If the ball lands on a number with the color that you chose, you win.
Odd vs. Even
This time, you choose whether the ball will land on an odd or even number. If you choose "Odd" and the ball lands on an odd number, you win, and vice versa.
Low vs. High
Here, you should guess whether the ball will land on high (19-36) or low (1-18). If it lands on a digit that fits your selection, you win.
With this ball, you need to bet that the ball will land on one of the three "12" squares. Wager on one of the sections with 12 numbers and if the ball lands on one of these numbers, you win.
If you look at the roulette table, you'll see "2 to 1" written at the bottom of three columns. Place your bet on the desired column and if the ball lands on any of the numbers that belong to this column, you win.
Strategy and Tips for Playing Roulette
The first and most important information is that roulette depends on luck. However, there are tested strategies that can aid you. The most popular ones are:
1. Martingale. Here, you should double your previous stake every time you lose.
2. Labouchere. This time, you set a win amount and change your stake amounts depending on whether you're winning or losing.
3. D’Alembert. With this strategy, you should increase your bet amount when you lose your bet.
4. Fibonacci. This one is based on the Fibonacci sequence and you bet according to the sequence. If you win, you move to the next number. If you lose, you go down two numbers.
Basic Roulette Terms
As we've mentioned, roulette is a simple game with lots of bets and mechanics. Thus, there are many terms that a player should know. Let's discuss the main ones below:
- Bet on the layout – a bet placed anywhere on the number part of the table.
- Biased wheel – a wheel where numbers have different chances to win.
- Block betting – a set of numbers to bet on as a group in some roulette strategies.
- Call bets – wagers made by saying the bet out loud instead of placing the chips on the table.
- En Prison – applied to even-money wagers only, this rule lets you take half of your bet back if the ball lands on a zero.
Online Roulette Bonuses
When you sign up to play online roulette, you can expect promotions with real money that you can bet on. These bonuses are better than land-based venues could ever offer, ranging from several NZDs to hundreds of dollars. At Bob Casino, you can use payment methods and deposit and withdraw NZD to keep things nice and simple. In short, bonus offers are just free money that you can use to play roulette online and win real cash.
How to Win at Online Roulette
Now when you know the rules, it's time to learn how to increase your chances of winning. Basically, there are three things you can do:
1. Place corner bets. Usually, the payout for this bet is 1:8, and considering high chances of winning, these are the safest bets.
2. Bet on a low minimum and high maximum table. For example, bet small amounts on red and black.
3. Don't bet on single numbers. Even though 1:35 payouts sound exciting, the chances of hitting it are grim.
Free Online Roulette vs. Real Money Games
These two games have one key difference – what you can win. When you play roulette games for money, you get real cash to withdraw. When you play free online roulette, you get virtual coins that don't cost anything. So, there is no financial risk and no chance to win real cash. Besides, only real-money online roulette games have an option to play with a live dealer.
Other Table Games in the Live Casino
Live roulette isn't the only table game you can enjoy at Bob Casino. You can play live blackjack, baccarat, and poker, to name a few options.
Blackjack is one of the most-played table games at this online casino. The odds are on the player's side and the basic rules are very straightforward, which explains its popularity. When you play online, the cards are automatically shuffled for you and your hand value is calculated by a program. It can't get easier than that.
Baccarat is an old game, albeit very simple, where you place one of the three bets: on the Banker's hand, on your hand, and on a tie. If you bet on the hand that gets the highest total, you win. Baccarat is so simple that it can be played without even reading the rules – you just pick your bet and wait for the outcome.
Online poker has the same rules as any other poker but tends to be faster and lets you bet smaller amounts. Besides, you can play it anytime at Bob Casino, so the game is more accessible for kiwis.
Legitimacy of Online Roulette in NZ
In New Zealand, the Gambling Act controls everything related to gambling. As such, you need to be at least 18 years old to play online roulette at online casinos. It's also legal to join online roulette casinos based in other countries.
As you can see, Bob Casino can offer the same glamour as land-based-venues. You can pick a game with any stake limits you want, choose from dozens of different mechanics, and use bonuses to increase your bankroll. The suspense is never lost with online roulette NZ, so you can safely make your transition from land-based to online gambling.
What are the Best Variations of Roulette?
Software developers add their unique twists to the traditional game to make it more fun:
- European. It has 37 pockets, including 1 zero.
- American. Comes with 38 pockets, including 2 zeros.
- French. 37 pockets and player-friendly rules.
- Mini. A miniature version of roulette with 13 pockets.
- Live. Here, you can see and interact with live croupiers and other players.
- Multi Wheel. You can bet on several wheels at the same time to increase your chances of winning.