What is the objective of blackjack?
The main objective is to get a hand total of closer to 21 than the dealer without going over it:
- The cards two to ten are worth their face value.
- Jacks, queens, and kings worth ten.
- Aces can be used as 1 or 11.
- The best total is a blackjack, or a two-card 21.
Prior to this, you should place your bet. If you play live blackjack, there will be other people sitting at the table.
What are the best variations of blackjack?
The most common ones are US and European blackjack. Besides, there are multi-hand and single-hand games, as well as jackpot and side-bet games. In addition, you can play:
- Spanish 21 (also known as Match Play 21). It's usually played with six to eight decks of cards, but all tens are excluded.
- Face-Up 21. Normally, up to eight decks are used, but both dealer cards are dealt face-up.
- Pontoon. This is a British version of the game. If your hand total is less than 21, you can twist to get one card face-up.
- Switch. Here, players must bet on both hands and can re-split up to four hands.
What are the advantages of playing blackjack?
Here are a few advantages of this game:
- Table minimums are low. This is a great chance for newcomers to learn to play the game without risking a lot of money. Besides, table minimums never change, even if you play during busy hours.
- Lots of variations. There is no shortage of blackjack at Bob Casino.
- It is legal. Indeed, players from New Zealand are allowed to gamble online, as long as the casino isn't based in the country and has a valid license.
- It is safe. Most blackjack games are made by reputable software providers who have their RNGs tested.
- Low house-edge game. Pro players with a solid strategy can increase their chances of winning.
Why Do People in New Zealand Play Blackjack?
If you're considering taking the game for a test drive, here are the reasons behind its popularity:
- Never wait for a table. Bob Casino has more than enough virtual tables to handle all New Zealand players.
- No pressure. In a real casino, pressure builds quickly and predictably. When you gamble online, the tension is reduced.
- The payout ratio for a natural is 3:2. It means that you receive 1.5 times your stake.