What is the objective of baccarat?
You choose the variation of the game and decide on your bet. The goal is to bet on the winning hand. You can bet on the banker's hand, player's hand, or on a tie. Almost all cards count their face value. The ace one, 10s, the jack, the king, and the queen are zeros. The suit of the card isn't important.
What are the best variations of baccarat?
Many Canadian players are intrigued by baccarat variations with their unique rules and interesting mechanics:
- Punto Banco. This variation resembles the classic gameplay. It's played with six decks. Once players have placed their bets, they can't change their minds.
- Mini. This is a low-stake version that newcomers love. It has a fast pace and intense playing style.
- Chemin de Fer. Players compete against each other. It's usually played with six decks, and participants take turns to be bankers.
- European. Here, players decide whether to stand or to draw when their hand total is five.
Is baccarat legal in Canada?
Let's clarify the legal status of gambling to put Canadian punters at ease. It's safe and legal to play at offshore casinos. Gambling at properly licensed online casinos located outside the country is perfectly legal. Besides, gambling winnings aren't taxable (unless you're a pro player and it is the majority of your income).
Why Do People in Canada Play Baccarat?
We've rounded up the main reasons for playing this game:
- No complicated strategies. You just wager on one hand in hopes of winning. Just place virtual chips on the table and wait for the results.
- Low house edge. Baccarat has the best odds of winning.
- Great for high rollers. This game lends itself to high stakes play. Which is why James Bond loves it in the films.
- Low stakes are also available. You can find tables with $1 minimums.
If you're looking for a fun activity, online baccarat at Bob Casino fits the bill perfectly.