Betting on the pass line is the most common type of bet. Making this bet is called right betting, since they’re betting with the rest of the table on the shooter succeeding. Players who bet on the pass line are called right bettors (as opposed to wrong bettors).
How Does a Right Bet Play Out?
- A right bet wins: if the initial come out roll results in a 7 or 11;
- A right bet loses: if the come out roll results in a 2, 3 or 12 (i.e. craps out).
In every other situation, the point is established and:
- The bet wins: if the point is rolled before a 7;
- The bet loses: if a 7 is rolled before the point (i.e. seven out).
- A craps player who has placed a bet on the pass line