In the context of slot machine gambling, a progressive jackpot slot is a machine that features an accumulative pot. A small percentage of every bet goes towards this progressive jackpot. The winner receives all of the money accumulated by the jackpot they win at the time of the spin. When a jackpot is won, its amount does not start accumulating from zero. Instead, it reverts back to a pre-defined amount (e.g. $1,000,000 USD). To keep things more interesting for the players, Some machines feature several progressive jackpots at once (e.g. a Mega, Major, Minor and Mini jackpot).
Top 5 Online Progressive Jackpot Wins
Here is a list of the biggest verified online casino jackpots won by players:
- €18,915,721 EUR (Anonymous player, Mega Moolah Mega)
- $20,057,734 CAD (Anonymous Canadian player, Mega Moolah Mega)
- €17,860,868 EUR (Anonymous Finnish player, Mega Fortune Mega)
- £13,000,000 GBP (Jon Heywood, Great Britain, Mega Moolah)
- $10.4 million USD (Anonymous Australian player, Dark Knight)
Progressive jackpot slot:
- A slot machine with a progressive jackpot mechanic.