Malta Gaming Authority
The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) is the official gambling regulator of the Republic of Malta. The MGA is responsible for overseeing all online and offline gambling activities in the country. The institution was founded in 2001 for the purpose of fighting gambling-related fraud and money laundering, as well as to provide help and protection to vulnerable individuals.
The institution is most notable for having been one of the first regulators to grant gambling licenses to online casinos.
Thanks to the institution’s high standards and stringent auditing, MGA licenses are highly valued in the online gambling industry. An internet-based casino with an MGA license is often seen by players as more trustworthy than one with a license issued by, for example, Curacao or Anjouan.
The Malta Gaming Authority’s main activities are as follows:
- To conduct research on the various aspects of gaming;
- To grant online and offline gambling licenses;
- To monitor the activities of its licensees;
- To collect gaming taxes;
- To ensure that gambling contributes to the country’s development.
Malta Gaming Authority:
- The official gaming regulator of the Republic of Malta.