In the context of blackjack, Lucky Ladies is a side bet on the first two cards dealt to the player having a value of 20 points. Due to its incredibly high house edge of 24.71%, it is commonly known as blackjack’s biggest sucker bet.
Lucky Ladies Bet Payout Odds
The payouts for a successful Lucky Ladies bet range from 4:1 to 1000:1. The exact payoff odds for the bet depend on the rarity of the combination dealt to the player and, in one case, the cards the dealer gets. Listed below are all the possible combinations:
- Two unsuited cards worth 20 points: 4:1.
- Two suited cards worth 20 points: 9:1.
- Two cards of the same rank and suit: 19:1.
- Two Queens of Hearts: 125:1.
- Two Queens of Hearts and the dealer gets a blackjack: 1000:1.
- A side bet in blackjack on the first two cards dealt to the player having a value of 20 points.
- Considered a sucker bet due to its high house edge.