Gold Megaways is a much more improved and exciting version of the 2014 version. The slot released by Big Time Gaming is based on the 80’s song Spandau Belt and comes with an excellent design and impressive features. Here is a full review of the slot.
- Buffalo Power Christmas Slot Review (Infin/Playson)
- Santa’s Big Bash Megaways Slot Review (1x2gaming/IronDogStudio)
Take a look at the Gold Megaways key features:
- Provider: Big Time Gaming.
- Type: Video slot.
- Release date: 25/11/2021.
- Mechanics: Megaways.
- RTP: 96.42%
- Layout: 6 reels and 2-7 rows.
- Volatility: high.
- Win potential: 20,200x.
- Bet range: $0.05-$20.
- Paylines: 117,649 to 1,000,000.
- Compatibility: mobile and desktop.
- Other features: Megaways mechanics, free spins, scatters, wilds, and cascading wins.
Gold Megaways is set on 6 reels with 2 rows which expand to 7 during the Megaways feature. The slot can deliver up to 1,000,000 winways and a max prize of 20,200x the bet. Compared to the original, the developers have boosted the win potential and increased the RTP to 96.42% while the volatility remains high. It will appeal to both regular and high rollers, thanks to the extensive stake range.
How to Play
The slot is playable on any device, thanks to the HTML 5 technology used. Players on a budget and low rollers will be pleased to hear that the slot can be played with a stake of as low as $0.05 per spin. The bet is capped at $20 per spin, but the win potential goes as high as 20,200x the stake. Winning combinations are made by matching 3 or more symbols on adjacent reels.
Gold Megaways comes with various symbols, including 9-A royals which are the low-paying symbols and rings, cars, watches, and credit cards. All these symbols are covered in gold to match the overall theme of the slot. The premium symbols pay 2x to 100x the stake for 3-6 symbols combinations.
Theme, Design & Music
The slot is well designed with a golden theme like the predecessor games. The precious metal shows up in all decorations and symbols appearing on the reel giving off a posh, luxurious vibe. The background music is lively, pairing well with the overall theme.
Free Spins Bonus
There are three ways of triggering the feature including:
- Hitting at least 3 BTG logo scatters, which lands you 12 free spins plus an additional 4 spins for each additional scatter.
- The two other ways are connected to the win exchange feature. If you win 70x or more worth of prizes, you can exchange it for free spins. Alternatively, when you win 20x to 70x the stake, you can exchange the win for free spins. The wheel spins first during the feature to reveal the starting number of Megaways from 114,000 to 117,649.
The feature is triggered during the free spins bonus, and a random symbol is replaced by 2×2 symbols, increasing the size of reels by 1. The feature makes it possible to grow the rows to 10, expanding the winways to 1 million. You will also receive 8+ spins when the reels reach 10 symbols high.
All symbols making up the winning combo are removed from the reels leaving space for new ones to tumble down and occupy the empty positions. The process repeats itself until no wins are possible.
Golden Briefcase Wild
The symbol only appears on reels 2 and 5 and can substitute for all others. It carries a 3x multiplier applied to all wins with the symbol.
Gold Megaways: Our Verdict
The slot has given us multiple reasons to spin from the highly rewarding Megaways mechanics, exciting bonus features, and impressive game statistics. It also comes with a decent win potential of 20,200x the stake. Try it out; you won’t be disappointed.