In poker, the term fill refers to drawing a card needed to make a 5-card hand, such as a straight or a flush. Getting a fill is a positive occurrence due to the fact that all five-card hands are considered to be strong.
List of Five-Card Hands in Texas Hold’Em
Arranged from weakest to strongest, here is a list of all 5-card hands:
- Royal flush: Ace to 10 of the same suit
- Straight flush: Any 5 cards of the same suit in sequence
- Full house: a three of a kind and a two of a kind
- Flush: Any 5 cards of the same suit
- Straight: Any 5 cards in order
“I filled out on the river so now I can beat his straight.”
- In poker, drawing a card needed for a 5-card hand.