eCOGRA is an accredited international standardization, testing, and player-protection agency specializing in online gambling. It is one of the principal agents in regulating online gaming. The agency is based in London, Great Britain and its name is short for «eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance».
What Does eCOGRA Do?
One of the largest names in the online gambling industry, the organization monitors online casinos for fairness and compliance with various international standards and regulations. If a virtual gambling venue is deemed to comply with all of the requirements, it gets the eCOGRA certification.
Listed below are just some of the aspects eCOGRA assesses during an audit:
- How fair are the online casino’s games?
- How well the casino protects the players’ sensitive data (e.g. identity, payment information)?
- How truthful are the online venue’s advertising and marketing materials?
- What anti-money-laundering measures are used and how effective are they?
- How easy it is for a player to withdraw money from their account?
- What measures are in place to help players who are suffering from gambling addiction?
The company has been in operation since 2003 and operates in many markets worldwide. Most world-famous online casinos are under continuous monitoring and operate in compliance with eCOGRA generally accepted practices.
Why Is Certification Important In Online Gambling?
Certification helps prove the compliance of an online gambling venue with standards, regulations, and other principles of fair play and player protection. When you’re playing on eCOGRA approved casinos, you can rest assured that the gaming process will be as fair and transparent as it can be. Available compliance reviews allow players to see if related gaming software has been approved by the testing agency and has received a eCOGRA’s safe and fair seal.
It is commonly recommended that new players avoid venues that are not eCOGRA certified online casinos to prevent possible fraud risks.
- An international testing, inspection, certification, and player protection agency that regulates online gambling.