Back Line (Don’t Pass Line)
In craps, the don’t pass line, sometimes called the back line, is a line on the table used for placing a don’t pass bet. The opposite of a pass line bet, the don’t pass bet is a wager in which you bet against the shooter (playing wrong), rather than for the shooter (playing right).
Here’s how a don’t pass bet plays out:
- You win immediately if a 2 or 3 shows
- You lose immediately if a 7 or 11 shows
- It is a pass (a tie) if a 12 shows
If any point number between 4 and 10 (except 7) shows, the game continues and:
- you lose immediately if the point number shows before a 7
- you win immediately if a 7 shows the point number.
Don’t pass line (back line):